Wednesday, May 15, 2013

40 weeks and counting...





Mother’s Day has come and gone, and with it my due date. I’m not that surprised or upset about being three days late. But at this point I’m ready to have this baby. Not due to extreme discomfort or sickness or anything like that. To be honest I actually feel pretty good especially compared to the crazy nausea and vomiting I had at the beginning of this pregnancy. Sure there are the more medical and practical reasons why I would like the baby to come soon. That way we won’t have to worry about scheduling and going through an induction and all of the potential medical interventions an induction may bring.



But mostly I’m ready to have this baby because I just can’t wait to meet him! I can’t wait to see if he will have my dark curls or Paul’s lighter features. I can’t wait to hear his little voice and to try my best to meet the needs he is trying to communicate. I can’t wait to learn and understand his temperament and watch his personality develop.  I can’t wait to see him open his eyes and take in this sometimes scary but always exciting world and to hold him in my arms to comfort him and ease his transition into that world. I can’t wait to see Paul as a father. To see him connect with and love this little human who is half him, half me, and all of we.


Sweet baby come out…we already love you so much and can’t wait to meet you J



2 comments:

  1. You look so great, Alicia! So many people are excited to meet the littlest Seling. I bet he will make his presence known soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you !! I pray that you will have a wonderful delivery. You look beautiful!!I am a friend of your Mom and Dad and i have watched you grow up. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete